Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jump In, Jump Out, Introduce Yourself

It appears that we have quite a few lurkers out there! I'd love to know who you all are, if you have a blog, if you're an adoptive family, if you live in Tennessee, or if you're a dear friend or family member who just never comments (you know who you are!). :)

For those I haven't met, I'll go first. My husband, Chris, and I have been married for three and a half years. We met and married in Knoxville, Tenn., and now live outside of Nashville. Chris is a student minister, and I work for a magazine. We have a Lhasa apso named Topher. When we began thinking about starting a family, God led us to adopt before having biological children. We are now on the waiting list to adopt a 0-12 month old boy from Ethiopia.

Your turn! Don't let me down!

19 comments:

Blog Shmog said...

Hi, I found your blog through Gladney's site. My husband is a youth pastor as well. Look forward to following your journey.

Alison B. said...

your post title makes me want to respond "my name is alison, yeah..."

it's alison, brad & norah and you know our story. we can't wait to meet your son, and we're here for support if you need us!

http://www.adoptionphotoblog.com

mama becca said...

Hey there!
I'm becca. We adopted a little boy, Sam, from Ethiopia in April. Found you on the gladney site (we went thru them too... but i work for another agency so we don't link our blog... long story).
Anyway, can't wait to follow your story! blessings!

Anonymous said...

You know who I am right??

Right??

Right!

Anyway - I just had to snicker at your title on this post. You crack me up!

And for your readers' enjoyment, I am Dawn's oldest sister. I am also the mother of her three favorite nieces and one nephew. She must have noticed how much fun we were having being parents and decided to try it for herself. I know she'll be a great mom because she's an awesome sister!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

this is my first trip over ...yolanda and leslie told me about your blog ... we are the Oatsvall's (may remember us from FBC) ... we live in Brentwood now ... We have two bio warriors, two adopted princesses from China, and praying a new son and daughter home from Ethiopia ... I can't wait to follow your journey ... I can't wait to see how God blesses and changes your life !!!

I am writing an adoption book ... Email me if you would like to participate (s.oatsvall@comcast.net) ... I have twisted Amy and Leslie's arm to write ...lol

CONGRATS !!!

Katie said...

Hi Dawn! I am always reading up on your blog to keep up with you guys. I think you knew I was reading it, but still thought I would comment to let you know. Can't wait to meet your little guy.

Jen said...

We are adopting through Gladney, as well. We hope to be on the waitlist within the next few weeks. We have three bio kids and can't wait to add more.

James and Beth Griffith said...

Dawn & Chris,

Yes, I'm a lurker. So thrilled to follow your journey and thankful that you've both been a huge part in ours.

Beth Griffith :O)

Kelly said...

Love your new blog design. We have two bio boys (ages 9 & 5), and plan to adopt a toddler girl from Columbia. We are also working w/Gladney.

p.s. the jib jab rap dance is hilarious :o)

Kat said...

Hey Hollomons! My name is Kat and I am a Lurker. I have been lurking for several months and am not planning on stopping. Yay for little babies from Ethiopia! I am living vicariously through you so that in the next couple of years I will have some idea what to expect when we decide to pursue adoption most likely from Africa. Love ya'll and am looking forward to seein' that baby!

Lisa and Peter said...

Hi -- I'm Lisa. My husband and I are also adopting from Ethiopia through Gladney -- and we invite you to check out the Wolmart Adoption blog.

We look forward to following your journey and sharing our adventure!

Lisa : - )

Cassie said...

Hello Hollomon family! I know you could never forget your cousin Cassie and her family! I just wanted to let you know that I have become a blogger (only since the other day). I am SO excited about the new addition. I cannot wait to meet my new cousin! I am sure we will know when to come to welcome the little fellow into the family! Make sure you keep in contact with me this way. I have become addicted to this whole new experience of blogging. We love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Megan, and I'm a Hollomon-holic. I check to see if there is a new post daily. Hehe

Jason and Rebecca said...

Hello Hollomons----we know Dawn from the Atlanta area but are a lurker into your soon to be wonderful journey of parenthood

Chelsea Bergeron said...

Hi,

My husband and I adopted our baby son from Ethiopia in March 2008, he has been home with us for 6 months now an dis doing wonderfully...He will be 1 on October 20th :) We live in Jackson, TN which is about 2 hours west of Nashville. Email me if you have any questions about the adoption journey...
chelseabergeron1403@gmail.com

Kim said...

Hi -

I am new to your blog today, so technically not a lurker. :-) I am Kim and my husband David and I just moved to Murfreesboro from CT with our two sons; Noah and Joshua. Noah was adopted from Russia in 2005 and Joshua was adopted from Kazakhstan in 2007. I found your blog because I was in church this morning listening to your husband. We have only been a handful of times and when Chris said that you were adopting I had to find out from where. :) So being the blog "super sleuth" that I am....found you.

We are just beginning the process to adopt a little girl from Russia. In fact, Lisa Mosley is our social worker because of a suggestion from Alison Bynum. We are in Alison's small group. So there you have. :)

I am seriously amazed at what God has done in church for adoption. Coming from a small church in CT where we sometimes were known as "the people who adopt" to a huge church with many, many other adoptive families is wonderful. I can't wait to follow your journey. International Adoption is simply beautiful.

~ Kim

www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

Nancy Cornwell said...

Hi Hollomons! Definitely not a lurker here, just a very excited friend! Chris, Lilli, and I (Nancy) can't wait to meet Baby Hollomon!

Tammy Comer said...

Hey!
My name is Tammy and we attend FBC! I am sure we have passed many times. My husband and I are adopting from China. Our blog, I just started, I am a newbie at this, is http://madiecomer.blogspot.com. We definately need to meet up at church, and share our stories!
Hope to talk to you soon!

Emily said...

Hi Hollomons,

I just had to respond because we have a lot in common! My husband and I have also been married about 3.5 years. We decided to adopt before having biological children as well! We brought home our son Grayson from Guatemala in May 2007 and are just ahead of you on the waitlist for a boy as well!

Emily
www.emilyadoptionjourney.blogspot.com