If you sense a little impatience in this blog title, you are correct. We're entering our seventh month of waiting for our referral and our eleventh month in the adoption process. I was sure we were going to receive our referral this month — there were just so many in January. It's difficult to see things slowing a bit again. It's not easy to stay positive all the time, so I'm choosing to employ lots of distractions. Thanks to everyone who has let Chris and me hug on your kids in recent weeks! It really helps. Chris and I have also been trying to take advantage of our time left without kids with stuff like sleeping in and going out to brunch on Saturdays. We've also been working to prepare the dog for the baby's impending arrival, i.e. teaching him better manners.
Because we have no news to share, I'm having a difficult time figuring out stuff to blog about. I may post some old pics from my trip to South Africa in 2002 (I CANNOT believe it's been that long!) or start photographing some of the baby stuff we do have for a little show-and-tell. We'll see.
The good news: We're another day closer to our referral and seeing our baby for the first time. We're anxiously awaiting that day and can't wait to share it with you!

4 comments:
show and tell sounds fun!
I would love to see baby stuff!!!
I am sorry you are struggling a bit! You are not alone! Hang in there!
Ellen
I vote for a show and tell too! We are continually in prayer for you guys and for your baby boy! I promise, it will be SO worth it! We love you guys,
thank you!!!! we are very excited to FINALLY be placed on the waitlist. and congratulations to you too! i hope your referral will come very soon. it seems like you have been waiting long enough :-)
Post a Comment