Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Paper Progress

Amy H. told me last week how much difference a week can make, and boy is she right! Last week we didn't have any paperwork ready to send off, and this week we're mostly done and have scheduled our home study. Now is the dreaded process of authenticating documents for our foreign dossier. Yeah, I have no idea what that means either. Basically, I think it means following the paper trails for the foreign government to be sure the documents are indeed authentic. There's a former employee from our adoption agency who now helps people with this process for a small fee (relative to the rest of our expenses), and I'm trying to decide whether or not to hire her. My first instinct was that this fee is so small in the grand scheme of things, and it's worth it to be sure everything is done quickly and correctly. Again, a month ago I didn't know about any of this!

Well, I need to work on gathering more family photos so we can show our agency and Ethiopia what kind of life a child in our family would have. Note to self: How on earth do I "label" a picture of all of our students?

No comments: