Other than the safety issues, I'm also considering: Full-size? Lightweight-plus? Cup holder? Snack tray? Weight? Ease of folding? Lime green or burnt orange? I've begun staring unabashedly at other moms' strollers. I've even been known to circle back to check a stroller out from different angles. My internal monologue about their choices usually goes something like this: "Ooh, Peg Perego! Fancy!" or "Oh my word, Bugaboo! I'd have to take out a loan for that one." I've also considered giving these moms 21 questions. "How are those wheels holding up?" and "Can that thing really fold up using only one hand?"
So, if you see me staring in your direction, no worries: I'm only checking out your stroller. I have my eye on a lightweight-plus stroller that's on clearance right now, but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit.
Next up ... the diaper bag!

5 comments:
Happy 10 weeks of waiting!
So fun! I gotta say, we love our Chicco stroller. It is so lightweight and folds up one-handed!It's the lime green one. (p.s.) My child had 4 strollers before he was born...I too have a stroller fetish! If you ever want to come to Memphis to stalk strollers...my house would be a mecca! Happy hunting!
PLEASE share you wisdom! We are also grappling with these issues. : -)
Oh please...THE diaper bag??? You will never have THE diaper bag. There will be the church bag, the grocery store diaper bag, the walmart/target diaper bag, The Avenue diaper bag, the emergency "I don't have time to pack a diaper bag" diaper bag, the diaper bag that NEVER comes out of the car, the "this is the cutest diaper bag I have ever seen" diaper bag, the "this is the ugliest diaper bag I have ever seen, but someone at church gave it to us" diaper bag and more. What fun!
I'm a little high maintenance on the stroller issue -- I've had a Graco with my now 9 year old -- wore the wheels off of it. Sucker that I am, bought another Graco when we brough Pickles home last November. Finally caved and bought a Bob Revolution -- by the far THE BEST stroller out there. And yes, you can get it out of the truck and set to go with one hand and the baby in the other. It's a little tricky, takes practice, but it can be done.
Robin
http://www.evangelinegrace.blogspot.com
Post a Comment