The Bad and the Ugly: We touched down at JFK last Saturday morning and stopped to get some food first thing. When Chris went to pay, his debit card was declined. After a quick call to the bank, we discovered Chris' debit card number had been stolen and someone in our hometown went on a many hundreds of dollars shopping spree while we were in Ethiopia. The card was flagged by the bank because of some of their purchases. We're working to get that resolved. Then Sunday we discovered our refrigerator was broken, so we took all of our food to the church freezer. What are the odds that the church freezer would break? I'm not great at math, but it happened. And now today, our van died. Then within the hour we totaled our other car. So, as a word of caution, please steer clear of us or you may be struck by lightning.
The Good: In the midst of all of our drama, getting over some minor illnesses plus jet lag and time changes, Myles is adjusting really well. I'll post more about him later as well as our trip. Please pray for us!!!

12 comments:
Sounds like you are having a rotten day! Will be praying and just think about how great it is to have that precious little guy home!
Oh my goodness! What are the chances? It's just a good thing you have Myles to offset all the bad/ugly things this week. So glad you're home safe and sound!
Wow. So sorry! That's some major stuff. I'll be praying for yall. Glad you're home with your little man.
I'm sorry Dawn! That stinks!! Things happen in 3's so maybe you're in the clear. I hope it gets better...at least you have a precious boy to snuggle with in the midst of the other junk!!
On a side note: I totally had a dream about you and Chris last night. I was on a church retreat type thing with ya'll....strangeness!
I hope that you have a great weekend. I am praying that things get better.
Oh...I was so nervous to read your blog...I was afraid the title "good bad and ugly" was in reference to your trip to Addis! I'm sorry all this crazy stuff has happened to you (and while you are in the worst part of jet lag!) but i"m so glad that Bad and Ugly doesn't refer to your time in ET (I saw your post on the gladney yahoo group so I know you had a good week :-). Go get some sleep...stay inside where it's safe! this too shall pass... xoox-kat
The first thing I thought of when reading all of that has happened to you is that you both are obviously doing the Lord's work because Satan is doing everything in his power to attack you. I am so sorry of all you have just been through. If it is any consolation you will be laughing about this time in a couple of years.
Oh, wow, I'm sorry for all you've been through since you've been home. I hope things improve FAST! :)
I'm so glad you're enjoying sweet Myles
Dawn, sorry to hear that you've had some rough times since arriving home. On the bright side, I'm glad to hear that Miles is doing well. Mena is doing great (transitioned faster and better than me).
Speaking of Miles, I have some great pics - will email them later this week (now, that I'm feeling somewhat better).
Tracy
Dawn, oh my goodness gracious!! I am so sorry you have been going through all that! I haven't called you because I thought you guys might need some time and space for a little bit while everyone adjusts...but I'm thinking I should've called to give some words of encouragement! I am so sorry and I know it will all work out somehow!
Wow. Just wow. Any of those things would have knocked me out! Hope things get better soon!
Can't wait to hear how you are all doing! We have to get that beautiful baby up in the blog header :)
Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com
Post a Comment