We are excited to officially announce that we have begun the adoption process once again! But the experience is quite a bit different for us this time around.
On September 18, 2009, on our last day in Ethiopia, we met a sweet 10-year-old (!) boy whom I'll call L at one of the government orphanages we visited. L really latched onto Chris. They were inseparable while we where there. I met L briefly but didn't spend much time with him. L was quiet and tiny, and we thought he was maybe 8 years old (ha!).
Chris asked a lot of questions about L while we were there. L has a tough story, one that I want to protect and not share too much of.
Cut to a few weeks after we were home. For several days and nights in a row, I couldn't get L off my mind. It seemed so odd to me because I had spent so little time with him. Finally, I said to Chris, "You've been praying about L, haven't you?" And of course, he had. Then we had our first of many serious discussions about adopting L.
We began talking to our adoption agency about the possibility of adopting L. We learned that he just turned 11 in December. He loves English and science, and he wants to be a professional soccer player. And he really wants a family.
And four months to the day after meeting sweet L for the first time, we're ready to share with you that we are going to be that family.
We are excited and overwhelmed. We never dreamed we would be going from no children to a 1-year-old and an 11-year-old in one year, and we never planned to adopt two children back to back. The responsibility and the financial obligations are intimidating, to say the least! After a long day at work and when Myles has been cranky, Chris will teasingly ask, "Are you ready to help L with his homework?" You can pray for us about that! :)
But we are so excited that Myles will have a big brother who shares his heritage and can teach him about Ethiopia in ways that we can't.
I don't have an estimate of when we'll be bringing L home. We're hopeful it will be by the end of the year, and the sooner the better, Lord willing.
Please pray for L, Myles, Chris, and me as we prepare for yet another life change. And if you have a new blog name for us, please let me know!
God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. (Ephesians 3:20-21, The Message)

18 comments:
Yay! I am so happy for you guys. I hope this process goes smoothly for you...and fast. As far as a name I can't think of one right now. Kat is the one with the creativeness of the family. Can't wait to meet him.
oh my goodness ya'll! i am so excited! praying that everything goes smoothly and you can bring him home soon! love you guys!
OMG! I am sooo happy for all of you! Hope he gets to come home sooner than later!
That is SOOOOO cool! I cannot wait to know more. Congrats on your growing family.
That is an amazing story. I am so happy for your family.
Blessings,
Amy
That's awesome! I can't wait to hear more! Sounds like a great opportunity for all of you and I will be praying for ya'll! Maybe we can fly to Africa together!!
H4 in One (get it? lol)
anyway I am SO proud of you!!!!!!!!! God will equip you in ways you can't even fathom....CONGRATS!!!!!!!
The news I've been waiting for!! So happy for you guys!! I can't wait to follow your journey to L! We'll be praying for a smooth paper chase and a speedy court date!
Love you guys!
R
We are so excited for you guys! And we can't wait to meet L!
Oh my goodness!!!! So excited for you.
Oh. My. Goodness! How exciting!!!! So happy for you guys. Mark and I will be praying for you and your entire family!
I found your blog by way of @jamie_ivey - what a huge testament to God's will and provision. I will definitely be praying for you guys in this transition. Beautiful. :)
wow! what a wonderful story! i will be praying for the next adoption process, the transition & the challenges and joys that lie ahead. so wonderful that you answered the call to adopt an older child. i will definitely be following your journey. blessings!
That is amazing! I am so excited for your family!
This is just too cool. I will be praying for your family.
I hope you don't think that because I didn't respond to your message on FB that I didn't care... I just wanted to really tell you how amazed at your faith and obedience I am, and still I cannot find the words, so at least I'm commenting right? ;o) Suffice it to say that I think you guys are so cool and I can't wait to meet 'L.' His cousins are excited too! Y'all are in our prayers through this whole process and we look forward to lots of great news along the way!
Personally, I never liked your blog name anyway because it doesn't include Tophie!! :( haha I think it should be: The Hollomon 5!
Oh, wow- congratulations!!!! That is fantastic!!
By the way, just emailed your husband about the blog design, if his site is powered by blogger as that is all that I work with.
Post a Comment