Monday, February 8, 2010

Myles Update

I haven't taken one. single. picture. of Myles since Christmas because our camera battery has been dead. I need to work on that! But since I never posted any Christmas pictures either, here ya go!



Myles will be 11 months old this Saturday. I just can't believe it! I can't believe my tiny chunk is now a big ol' chunk. Chris and I had to take M to the doctor a week and a half ago for a double ear infection, and they told us he's 20 lbs! Granted, he was all bundled up for the snow, but seriously?!? And he's just as long as he is wide. He was 28 inches at his 9 month appointment, so he must be nearing 30 inches now.

As for his development, he's become quite the communicator. He says dada, mama, baba (for bottle and ball), yum yum, bye-bye, and doggie. He's starting to say hoop (basketball) and "did it," which is just something funny we taught him.

His favorite thing to do right now is look at pictures, especially of himself. :) We have several pictures on our fridge, and when he first sees himself, he does this low, gruff laugh to himself. He also loves to look at pictures of his friends Joseph, Mena (who he thinks is a hottie!), and Ramsey.

Myles has gotten much better with his eating. No more gagging issues. He's working on drinking out of a sippy cup. And he loves to feed himself wagon wheels and crackers.

We meet with early intervention tomorrow to discuss Myles's motor skills delays. He does qualify for services, so we'll be getting some help with his crawling and pulling up, neither of which he does yet. He's started scooting around a little on his bottom, and he can stand holding on to something, but he won't move himself of his own accord. M's fine motor skills have improved since he was first evaluated, with his pincher grip, pointing, and picking up small objects. And he was having trouble releasing objects from his grasp, but now he's quite adept at throwing things. Any thing. :)

The sweetest thing is that Myles is now starting to offer affection instead of just allowing us to hug or kiss him. He's also more sensitive and gets his feelings hurt easily. One day when he was really tired he was trying to play with my laptop, and I told him "no no." He started crying big crocodile tears and buried his head in my chest. We sang some songs and he was better. A few minutes later he reached for my laptop again, I told him "no no" again, and tears and snuggles again. Whenever I have to tell him no now, he hugs me like he knows he did something I didn't like. It's hilarious.

I'm sure if you're still reading at this point, you're one of the grandparents, so hi! We miss you! Be sure to save the date of March 13 for Myles's super-fun 1st birthday. :)

9 comments:

Amy said...

He is so cute. Glad he is doing so well.
Blessings,
Amy

The Rigelsky Family said...

While I was reading this Sailor was saying "a cute a cute!!!!' LOL

Nancy Cornwell said...

Not just grandparents! :)

Tracy H. said...

LOL. Miss Mena sends many coos and kisses to Miles! Thanks for the update. Always love hearing about Miles' antics and progress.

Hugs,
Tracy

Kasi Sexton said...

Nope, friends read this too! He's adorable!

Tanya said...

cool! March 13 is the date we will celebrate our son's 2nd birthday. We have been home with him for almost 6 months from ET. Happy (early) Birthday, Miles! What a cutie!

Megan said...

Haha NOPE! I'm not a grandparent but I still read. :)

That is so cute that he snuggles you when he knows he did something wrong!

Crazy! Oliver is 20 pounds now too! But only 8 months old.

What are wagon wheels?

Did it!

Peter said...

He is SO adorable!

Lisa

Jen said...

where is that birthday update??? Any news on your new adoption? Are you exempt from going for the 2 trips because you have already met him?