We’re having some issues with our local USCIS (citizen and immigration) office, and I’m beyond frustrated. I know not everyone who reads this has adopted, so I’ll try to explain it as best I can.
We submitted our I-600A, which is an application to bring an orphan into the country, in early January. As part of this, you have to be fingerprinted. In our previous experience, they send the fingerprinting appointment soon after they receive your application. More than two months went by and we still hadn’t received our fingerprinting appointment. This was my first sign that something was wrong. So I e-mailed our CIS office to ask about it. They said they were waiting to receive our home study because they couldn’t tell from our application whether we wanted an extension for Myles’s application or if it was a new application. I clarified that this was a new application, and they sent our fingerprinting appointments. Then we were fingerprinted and our home study was sent.
I e-mailed our CIS office again to make sure they were clear that second I-600A application was a new one, since they were confused before. I waited two weeks for a response and didn’t get one. Frustrated, I contacted our senator’s office to see if they could intervene.
In the meantime, our CIS office sent a receipt for our second application (three months later), but it had the same case number as Myles’s application. Another big red flag!
The senator’s office received a response from our CIS office saying they were reviewing our case this week (YAY!), but they said we were asking for an extension for Myles (NO!). If they would read our home study, they would see that Myles has been home for seven months!
I’m at my wit’s end! I don’t know any other ways to communicate that Myles is home and we’re asking to bring another child home. Please pray for my sanity :) and for this to be resolved quickly.

1 comment:
Man! That is very frustrating! I am sorry you're going through this and it's delaying the process.
We are praying!
Meg
Post a Comment