God placed a heart for Africa and for adoption in both of us a long time ago. In April 2008 God called us to do something surprising: to begin our family by adopting before we have biological children. Even crazier? When we picked our our first child, we met our second. We're excited and overwhelmed, but we know without a shadow of a doubt that this is God's call on our life. Thanks for sharing in the journey!
April 18, 2008 - Submitted adoption information sheet to Gladney
April 24, 2008 - Gladney phone orientation
April 29, 2008 - Began adoption paperwork
June 11, 2008 - Home study completed
June 25, 2008 - Gladney approved
August 13, 2008 - I-171H received
August 28, 2008 - Officially on the wait list June 3, 2009 - REFERRAL! August 7, 2009 - We passed court! We're officially Eyob Yirgalem's parents September 14, 2009 - We meet Myles Eyob for the first time September 18, 2009 - We meet L for the first time September 19, 2009 - Home as a family of three January 11, 2010 - We inform Gladney that we're ready to begin the process to adopt L March 25, 2010 - Gladney approved May 17, 2010 - I-171H received June 3, 2010 - REFERRAL! October 9, 2010 - MOWA October 14, 2010 - Tentative court date
5 comments:
I love that boy! He is so cute!
Love those pictures!
What a cutie-pie!!! I want to kiss his face!
He is GORGEOUS!!!!
So cute!!!
Blessings,
Amy
Post a Comment