Saturday, September 4, 2010

What?!? A month?

A quick glance at my calendar tells me that a mere five short weeks from now we may be on a plane bound for Ethiopia. Where has the time gone? For our friends and family, here's a brief timeline of what's about to happen:

Oct. 4 - Chris's birthday and our MOWA date. This is a court date for which we don't have to appear. MOWA must issue a positive opinion on this day for us to keep our next court date.

(Oct. 9 - The day we are scheduled to leave for Ethiopia if MOWA issues a positive opinion. Yes, we will have less than five days notice if we are actually leaving this day.)

Oct. 11 - My birthday, hopefully in Ethiopia?!?

Oct. 14 - The date in which we are scheduled to appear in court in Ethiopia.

2-6 weeks after passing court - When we will return for our second trip to bring L home.

With only a little over a month until all this craziness begins, I'm beginning to panic about all that needs to be done! :) From little things like cleaning out L's closet to big things like, oh, I don't know, learning some Amharic phrases, there's so much to think about. Where did the time go, I ask?

2 comments:

Kat said...

That's so exciting!! I will be praying that everthing goes smoothly and perfectly in court and you can get that kiddo home! Wish I was headed to Africa in a month!

Brenda said...

I too had a panic moment this weekend, when I realized how soon we could be traveling, and how much I still needed to get done!!!
Fingers crossed for all our MOWA dates:)

Brenda