Ellen received her referral for an 8-month-old boy today!!!!! Yay! You can read more here. Ellen is so sweet and encouraging and I'm so excited for her. And yes, I'm also thrilled to be moving up "the list." ;) Please, more referrals soon!
Isn't it so exciting about Ellen! 1-because we love her and 2-because that moves us all up on the list! (is it ok to be a little selfish about their good news? :-) I just left this message on the Jarvis blog saying I really think we (ya'll, the Jarvis', & us) need to start having some serious prayer/good vibe/send it out to the universe online get togethers! Our time is coming! xoxo-kat
How are you holding up this week? The conference call mentioned that communications between Ethiopia and Gladney will be on Tues, Wed, Thurs. I wonder if this means these will be the days referrals are handed out? Hoping we move up the list this week:)
Don't be fooled by my upbeat posts...I'm getting a little down myself. I think if I KNEW that it would come in the next 2-3 weeks, I would be okay. But, there's this part of me that keeps saying, "you know, it could still be a month or so!" AHHH! I'm just so ready to move on to the next stage of this process!
God placed a heart for Africa and for adoption in both of us a long time ago. In April 2008 God called us to do something surprising: to begin our family by adopting before we have biological children. Even crazier? When we picked our our first child, we met our second. We're excited and overwhelmed, but we know without a shadow of a doubt that this is God's call on our life. Thanks for sharing in the journey!
April 18, 2008 - Submitted adoption information sheet to Gladney
April 24, 2008 - Gladney phone orientation
April 29, 2008 - Began adoption paperwork
June 11, 2008 - Home study completed
June 25, 2008 - Gladney approved
August 13, 2008 - I-171H received
August 28, 2008 - Officially on the wait list June 3, 2009 - REFERRAL! August 7, 2009 - We passed court! We're officially Eyob Yirgalem's parents September 14, 2009 - We meet Myles Eyob for the first time September 18, 2009 - We meet L for the first time September 19, 2009 - Home as a family of three January 11, 2010 - We inform Gladney that we're ready to begin the process to adopt L March 25, 2010 - Gladney approved May 17, 2010 - I-171H received June 3, 2010 - REFERRAL! October 9, 2010 - MOWA October 14, 2010 - Tentative court date
6 comments:
Thank you so much! It won't be much longer,chick!
Much peace and love
I love to see how blogging buddies can share in the celebrations of each others great news.
Hopefully yours will be soon, too.
I agree, this part of the wait takes forever. Once you get your referral things fly by. Hoping you hear news soon! :)
Isn't it so exciting about Ellen! 1-because we love her and 2-because that moves us all up on the list! (is it ok to be a little selfish about their good news? :-) I just left this message on the Jarvis blog saying I really think we (ya'll, the Jarvis', & us) need to start having some serious prayer/good vibe/send it out to the universe online get togethers! Our time is coming! xoxo-kat
How are you holding up this week? The conference call mentioned that communications between Ethiopia and Gladney will be on Tues, Wed, Thurs. I wonder if this means these will be the days referrals are handed out? Hoping we move up the list this week:)
Don't be fooled by my upbeat posts...I'm getting a little down myself. I think if I KNEW that it would come in the next 2-3 weeks, I would be okay. But, there's this part of me that keeps saying, "you know, it could still be a month or so!" AHHH! I'm just so ready to move on to the next stage of this process!
Post a Comment