1. Chris and I traveled together. We both travel for work quite a bit, but the only trip we've really ever taken just as a couple was our honeymoon (!). Since we've been married, Chris has gone to Brazil, Texas, and Orlando, and I've been to Miami, Chicago, and New York, but never together. All of our vacations have been with Chris' family.
2. Atlanta is home to our nearest Ikea. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with this place. I love the modern, funky style of all the decor and furnishings, and I REALLY love the prices, but it's so overwhelming to me. There is so much to look at and decide upon, and it renders me unable to make the smallest of decisions. ("Do I need that plastic bag holder because it's only $2.99? I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!")
3. I (mostly) grew up in Atlanta, so Chris got to see where we lived for the first time. The area has changed so much that I could barely find our houses. I didn't recognize much of anything! It was very strange. But it was great to share this experience with him.
4. Chris' brother, Nick, his wife, Jessica, and our niece Lucy live in the ATL, so we got to visit with them …
5. AND eat dinner at my favorite pizza place, Fellini’s! I hadn’t been there in about eight years, so I was worried it wouldn’t live up to my memory. No worries, though, it was just as good as I remembered.
6. We stayed in a great hotel and met Ibrahim, the front desk worker, who was awesome. He was born in the south of France (Toulouse), his mom is from West Africa, and his last girlfriend was Ethiopian. We really enjoyed meeting him.
7. We didn’t get into a car accident.
8. Chris was very excited that we got to eat dinner at this Tex-Mex place called Pappasito’s Cantina. Apparently it’s the only location outside of Texas, so it’s pretty authentic.
9. A day off of work for me! Chris is off on Fridays anyway, but it was a real treat for me.
10. Chris and I got to stop and see Nannie and Papa John on our way home.
I’ve lost count of how long we’ve been on the waiting list now, although I think we’re nearing seven months. Surely we must be close to getting our referral. There have been a few referrals lately, but mostly for girls. According to the unofficial list, there are three families ahead of us: two asking for either gender 0-12 months, and one family asking for a boy 0-12 months. Please pray for lots of referrals and soon!
In the midst of our wait, I’ve been feeling very “nest-y” lately. I’m driving Chris crazy with wanting to repaint and redecorate the house. We’ve only lived in our house for a little over a year and a half, so Chris isn’t too keen on the idea. Now that it’s warming up here in Nashville, I’m also thinking about getting out in the yard to do some work. I’d love to plant some flowers in our front bed, but I have no green thumb whatsoever. Hopefully the nice folks at Lowe’s can help a girl out.
I’m really, really hoping I’ll have exciting news to share soon! Well, more exciting than Ikea, Fellini’s, and yard work.

7 comments:
Sounds like an awesome trip!! I was just talking to a coworker about wanting to go to Atlanta. I hope you hear something soon!
Have a wonderful day!!
we went on a little mini-vacation to atlanta also while we were waiting for norah. it was so fun and great memories of our last vacation as two. cherish it. it will seem like such a distant past once your little guy gets here!
Sounds like you had a fun trip. After reading your blog it seems like we have a lot in common! We were going to get one of those mobiles too but for the UT longhorns! Praying for your referral :)
Glad you got out of town for a little bit! I just got back from a weekend in Tennessee and it was so nice to get my mind off of referrals for a few days! I, of course, was hoping to see there were a few while I was gone, but oh well! We're getting that much closer each day:)
My parents have a houseboat on Dale Hollow. The marina where their boat is is near Livingston. We love it down there!
Dont be too discourage about the wait. It took near 2 1/2 years for my parents to get me, a domestic closed adoption. But that was good timing. God will bring your son to you at exactly the best time.
Hoping this week brings good news for someone! Praying for patience for the rest of us:)
Post a Comment