We are obviously so sad and disappointed. We were prepared not to get a court date in the first place, but we certainly were not prepared for this scenario. I, in particular, don't deal so well with surprises, and I'm extremely cautious about getting my hopes up. But when we got our court date last Tuesday, my hopes skyrocketed. I didn't allow myself to think about the "what-ifs," so this really hurts.
But this is adoption. It's unpredictable, it's emotional, and it's not easy. We know this. Ask any adoptive family.
But it still hurts.
Please pray for us and the other families who are affected by this. We need these mountains to move:
1. That we would get a speedy court date before the closures on August 7th.
2. That there will be no more obstacles in our way to passing court before the closures, from paperwork to judges being unable to appear to power outtages, and anything else I can't even think of.
3. If we're not able to pass before the closures, that we'll have a quick court date in early October.
4. That God will give us strength to make it through this tough time.
5. That Baby E will stay healthy and strong.

13 comments:
Oh Dawn, I read the email today and my heart just sunk...praying for a miracle. We've seen it before, it can happen again!
Dawn,
I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how difficult this is -- but don't lose hope! There is still time for a new court date before the courts close -- up to and including the first week of August. I will keep you in my prayers as I still hope that we will travel together to pick up our children in August!
Lisa
My heart is so heavy for all of the families affected by this news. My prayers are with you!
I am so sorry
we are praying for you guys...
So sorry for this set back, but I must tell you that I thought your date was July 27th, and that is the court date I have been praying for you guys. So... maybe July 27th? :)
As I remind myself daily, and sometimes moment by moment...God's timing IS perfect (but waiting is REALLY hard)
Continuing to pray for you guys.
I'm so sorry Dawn and Chris. I'll be praying.
-Jennylee
good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts. That's what I have for you guys (and that list of course). It's not done yet... miracles happen. Good thoughts! xoxo-kat
I thought of you when I read the email updatin gus on this and am soo sorry you have to go through this!! I will be praying for oyu and the other families that you make it on the first try. I will actually be there then and hope to hear the great news before I leave. Stay positive and pray pray pray...he will hear you!!(and me)
So sorry about this latest setback. Praying you get another court date and pass before closing. Praying also for strength, peace and patience amidst the unknown....
So sorry! Unfortunately I know that nothing I say will help. Just know that we are praying for you.
Dawn, I'm so sorry! I'll be thinking of you and really really hoping they squeeze you in before the closures.
Ugh, this delay is just heart breaking. Hoping and praying that you still get through before the closures!
Heidi
Post a Comment