Monday, May 11, 2009

Feeling Good, Feeling Fine

It's a weird feeling being atop the famous list. Frankly, I wasn't sure we would ever get there! It's a bit surreal.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed that we didn't get our referral before Mother's Day. I can clearly remember sitting in our Mother's Day service at church last year and thinking, This is going to be my last Mother's Day without a child. But it wasn't so.

I had a feeling when I woke up Friday that we wouldn't be getting our referral that day. And I was not looking forward to Mother's Day morning because I was anticipating what remarks I would get that would make me uncomfortable. There were definitely certain phrases I did NOT want to hear that day.

But I made it through.

On Mother's Day eve, I read the Bottomlys' book From Ashes to Africa in one sitting. I don't know how to put into words how much I loved it. I can only say that reading it was like a healing balm on my heart. It put everything in perspective.

I wanted to post on Mother's Day, but I can't really say what I wanted to any better than she did or she did. Read these and you'll know what was on my heart that day.

And I'm really feeling good this week! I've been able to focus on other things and not feel like I have to check the waiting list, my e-mail, or my cell phone every five minutes. I have peace in my heart.

I can't thank you all enough for praying for us. We can truly feel your prayers. Please continue to pray for us, because our world is about to be turned upside down!

We're also praying for speedy court dates and referrals all around. We can't wait to hear about all the good news ahead!!!

4 comments:

Journey to Jaden said...

Dawn, this is so much harder than I ever thought waiting would be. I'd rather know it wasn't gonna happen for a certain amount of time than knoow that it could be at any moment. I am there for an older child and it's driving me batty. All the more reasons why the call will be soo amazing!!

Elisabeth said...

Oh sweet Dawn, I hope your call comes soon!! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

This should be your week!

Lisa and Peter said...

Hi Dawn.

You are a mother to be and deserve a Happy Mother's Day -- so, HAPPY BELATED MOTHER's DAY!.

It will be soon -- very soon -- I can feel it!

Lisa