Well, here we sit at week 35-ish (not really sure/stopped counting) on the waiting list. I was sure April would be the month. So was our refrigerator calendar.
It was a difficult month, to say the least. I shed lots and lots of tears (April showers, ha ha). I had days when I secretly wished we hadn't decided to adopt because it's so hard. I've checked my cell phone, e-mails, the FBI list, and adoptive family blogs more times than should be allowed. There were days when I begged God that day would be the day. There were a few days that I prayed God wouldn't give us our referral that day because I was having such a bad day and didn't want to spoil our referral. Frankly, some days I was falling apart at the seams.
Despite those Debbie Downer paragraphs, I'm really hopeful about May. April referrals were slow as molasses (for you Southern readers), so if the pattern continues, we should have a bunch this month. And as excited as I am to get our referral, I think I'm just as excited to see my blog friends get their referrals. It gives me hope.
"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" ~Isaiah 30:18

5 comments:
Dawn,
This HAS to be the month. I realize I've been saying this for a couple of months now, but this REALLY has to be the month.
I'm right there with you...I'm just as excited to see our waitlist buddies get their referrals...then I know I'm getting close:)
Keeping you in my prayers, daily:)
Emily
Dawn~
Praying May is your month! (I'd love it to be my month too:) )
Send me your address when you have a second. I have a Suubi necklace for you from my blog referral contest. Obviously I don't have a referral yet, but everyone guessed April dates and since you guessed April 30th, no matter when it comes, you'll be the closest!
Continued prayers,
Ryane
We are still way down in the middle of the FBI list but I can feel it getting harder the closer we get. I can imagine how tough the super slow pace of referrals in April must have been for someone as close as you! Hang in there. Your referral has to be soon!
Heidi
Hi Dawn.
The wait is SO difficult, but there is no question in my mind that you are only days from seeing the first photos of your beautiful child. God picked him for you the day that he was conceived and he will be in your arms before you know it!
Lisa
Hi Dawn. This IS your month and mine!
Post a Comment